Thursday, October 01, 2009

What not to do, part I in a series

In this helpful series, I’ve tried out a bunch of bad ideas so you don’t have to!

Today’s tip: If you have a pair of old running shoes lying around with 500+ km on them, the cushioning of which you know is shot because you had foot and ITB pain the last several times you ran in them – which is, in fact, the reason why you recently spent €120 on a new pair of shoes – it’s a really good idea *not* to put them on and go for a run. The likely result of ignoring this advice will be (surprise!) more foot and ITB pain. Amazing, you're saying. This tip for FREE? I would NEVER have thought of that on my own! Here, let me write down your bank details... No no, I say, with a nonchalant wave of the hand. All in a day’s work. Yet another free tip: Those shoes belong in the dumpster.

No comments: